In A High-Rise Building
- Note where the closest emergency exit is.
- Be sure you know another way out in case your first choice is blocked.
- Take cover under a desk or table if things are falling.
- Move away from file cabinets, bookshelves or other things that might fall.
- Face away from windows and glass.
- Move away from exterior walls.
- Determine if you should stay put, shelter-in-place or get away.
- Listen for and follow instructions.
- Take your emergency supply kit.
- Do not use elevators.
- Stay to the right while going down stairwells to allow emergency workers to come up.
- Review and practice the evacuation plan for your location.
See High-Rise Building Diagram